Neem juice is basically extracted from the leaves and fruit of the neem plant. We have found Amazing Health Benefits of Neem Juice! Generally neem scientific name is Azadirachta indica. In traditional Indian medicine, the neem juice has played a big role for millennia. Modern medical researchers began to research at medicinal properties of the plant. They conduct research of neem juice and other neem derivatives. The evidence is found of neems' potential health benefits. It is recommended to consult the doctor before using the neem juice for any kind of treatment.
Bioactive compounds of the juice
- There are many bioactive compounds from neem plant materials. Nimbidin, a tetranortriterpenoid has the widest array of medicinal properties. Indian researchers undertook a comprehensive review of the medicinal properties.
- In 2002 an article named ‘'Current Science'' reported that nimbidin has many potentialities. They are great as an antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, spermicidal, antipyretic agent and hypoglycemic. Compounds like nimbolide, sodium nimbidate, and Nimbin are found in the neem.
- All the compounds are medicinally significant. Spermicidal properties are present in Nimbin. Again, nimbolide is both antimalarial and antibacterial. Sodium nambidate is anti-inflammatory. It is a strong agent.
Antibacterial properties with reports
- Noel Vietmeyer, Ph.D. directed a National Research Council study in the early 1990s about the subject of medicinal properties of neem. The report was entitled ‘’Neem’’-A Tree for Solving Global Problems. Vietmeyer discussed the potentiality and medicinal applications of the neem juice.
- Another study was done by ‘'International Research Journal of Applied and Basic Sciences'' provides some information about neem plant. It says the juice of neem has strong suppressant properties.
- The properties are used against Staphylococcus aureus and Salmonella typhosa. The two elements are responsible for variously complicated illness around the world.
Combats gastrointestinal illness efficiently
- Neem juice is effective for relieving several gastrointestinal ailments. The information was reported by Ellen Norten and Jean Putz. They are the author of ‘’Neem: India's Miraculous Healing Plant. A person may get relief from the symptoms of several gastrointestinal ailments that include diarrhea, constipation, and hyperacidity. One tablespoon of neem juice with water eases the symptoms of diarrhea and even dysentery.
Fights eye problems followed by reports
- Eye problems like conjunctivitis and night blindness are widespread in the Indian sub-continent. They can be treated by giving a small amount of neem juice to the eye patient for consumption. The report was issued in the January-February 2010 by ‘’Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Research’’.
Reduces Fever as an ayurvedic medicine
- For centuries Ayurvedic medicine uses neem juice to control the fever. The fever temperature gets balanced. The patient starts to feel good. S. Suresh Babu says the extract of neem keeps the fever control written in his book ‘’A Treatise on Home Remedies’’.
Neem juice control diabetes
- Diabetes is a critical disease. Diabetic patient’s body cannot produce insulin or cannot utilize insulin efficiently. People should control diabetes otherwise it can lead to other health problems.
- High blood sugar is controlled by neem juice. Neem juice compounds reduce insulin requirements in diabetics.
- A study published in the year 2000 by the Indian Journal of Physiology and
- Pharmacology says that the benefits of neem or Indian lilac. The summary of the study is that neem is highly beneficial to control blood sugar. They also prevent diabetes. It is helpful to delay the onset of diabetes.
- Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine published a study in 2011. They say, neem extracts a natural way of treating diabetes. Neem juice is also needed for developing new neutraceutical treatment for the disease.
- Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine later published a study in 2016 in a summarized manner about the power of neem juice. Neem is used to prevent and treat diseases via the regulation of various biological and physiological pathways.
Detoxifies the body and purifies the blood
- Active ingredients need help to pull out the toxins from the body.
- Neem is a blood purifier. It helps the blood to carry out the oxygen and nutrients to all parts of the body in a systematic way. The juice improves kidney and liver function.
- Neem restores alkalinity in the blood. It is a major detoxification process.
Combats dandruff evidence by scientific reports
- Dandruff is treated by neem juice. The juice is a natural solution for treating excess dandruff from the head.
- Antifungal and antibacterial properties of neem juice keep the scalp healthy. Dryness and itching are also relieved from it.
- Antifungal extracts of neem leaves treat dandruff smartly and effectively. The study was made by the International Scientific Research Journal.
Kills head lice found by the expert study
- Neem is effective in killing the head lice. Nits are also gets killed.
- Parasitology Research finished a study in 2012 about the neem seed extract. The extract of the seed eliminates head lice infestation. The juice has a natural insecticide property.
- Neem gives relief from scalp itching and irritations.
Eliminates Intestinal worms published in a journal
- Drinking neem juice is required to destroy the intestinal worms.
- The antiparasitic properties kill the intestinal worms and remove the toxins.
- In 2015 a study published in the Journal of Parasitic Diseases. They concluded that neem leaf powder and its juice has an anthelmintic property. An herbal anthelmintic is produced from the active component.
Keeps skin healthy
- Neem is a great option to keep the skin flawless and healthy. Its antiviral, antibacterial and antiseptic properties treat the skin problems like acne, psoriasis, eczema, and rashes. They prevent different skin related problems.
- It works as a natural blood purifier. The toxins of the body get rid of it.
- Antioxidants are found in the juice. High levels of antioxidants protect the skin in several ways includes damage from the environment and delay signs of aging.
Maintains oral health having antibacterial properties
- Bacteria get reduced in the mouth for the antibacterial properties of the neem juice. You can easily get rid of plaque or gingivitis. The juice will give you long-lasting fresh breath.
- Mouth wash by neem extract lessens gingival problems. It treats halitosis. The information was taken from a published study in Pharmacognosy a review report in 2015.
Fights inflammation and ways to control
- Health problems start to develop when somebody has inflammation in their body. It goes from arthritis to heart disease. Neem juice is extremely effective to control inflammation
- Neem juice has to suppress properties that reduce pain and inflammation. Inflammation, pain, and swelling in the body goes away.
- A study published in 2013 by IOSR Journal of Pharmacy said that neem oil’s anti-inflammatory effect is outstanding in both acute as well as chronic inflammation. It is safe to use as an anti-inflammatory agent.
How to make Neem juice at home?
Using fresh leaves
- Rinse perfectly the neem leaves under running water
- Take one cup of water
- Take few leaves of neem
- Put the leaves and neem into the blender
- You can process the ingredients in smooth or light consistency
- Strain using a cotton cloth
- Now ready for serve
Using dried powder
- Under the sun dry the nee leaves
- Using grinder grind the leaves
- Make it to powder by grinding properly
- At any time you mix the powder to the water, stir well and drink immediately or later
- Drink a small amount of neem juice
- You may add flavors like honey, lemon, black pepper, rock salt or any other flavors.
Too much juice is not good for the body
The main health benefits of neem juice are it treats dandruff, soothe irritation, boost the immune system, protect skin and reduce inflammation. It speeds up the process of wound healing, slows the aging process, improves hair and scalp health, has anti-cancer properties, treats diabetes and gastric conditions.
There are some side effects associated with neem. It should not be consumed by consulting doctors for infants, toddlers or person suffering from any type of disease. You have to be cautious of overuse of the juice.